Shoot, fish and stalk your own food with one of the country’s up-and-coming game chefs
Field to Fork cookery school offers fantastic game cookery courses with The Shotgun Chef in the beautiful wilderness of the Isle of Lewis. We’ll show you how to hunt your meat – from catching your own salmon or trout, shooting rabbit and stalking deer to setting lobster pots and goose flighting. You’ll learn everything a first-class game chef needs to know, including essential butchery, plucking, skinning and gutting skills and how to create inspiring recipes with our expert knowledge of living off the land.
- Learn the basics of shooting on our clay pigeon and rifle range with our qualified instructor.
- Try your hand at fly fishing and have the opportunity to catch trout or salmon on the Strandavat River.
- Have your chance to safely shoot rabbits and geese.
- Spend a day deerstalking.
- Sea fish for mackerel, bass, cod and pollock.
- Learn to set lobster pots.
- Attend skills masterclasses in butchery, plucking, gutting and skinning.
- Hone you game cookery skills including smoking meat, making potted game, pate and terrines.
Each evening students will cook and sit down to a delicious meal of game. You will take away with you reading materials on the basic skills you have learned to make over the week. Extra skills are available on request.
Upcoming course dates
Monday April 9 2015: Essential farmhouse cookery (based in London) Day course including lunch dinner and wine tasting £160
To book, please email email@example.com.
For courses longer than one day, guests will stay in our ten-bedroomed Colonial hunting lodge which looks out over Loch Soval and Lady Loch.